Wednesday 2 May 2012

JAMAICA

Soooo, I've just come back from a lovely trip to Montego Bay Jamaica.  It was my first trip ever to Jamaica and I will be returning again next year for sure. The place is absolutely fabulous. The people are friendly and Jamaica is beautiful.  Sun, sand, surf and fabulous food...  what else could a girl ask for.

star apple
The morning breakfast buffet was filled with all kinds of yummy local fruit.  I especially loved the fresh mango and the papaya.  So delicious and sweet.
There was a purple fruit called the star apple that was kind of jelly inside but was quite tasty and sweet.
Also offered  was a Jamaican apple.
This fruit was bright red on the outside and white on the inside it had the texture of a hard pear and was very mild and almost a bit bitter in flavour. Not my favourite, but I am happy to have been able to try it.


Jamaican apple














The morning buffet also offered a wide range of juices and milkshakes.  My favourite juice combo, that I liked to  mix up in my glass was cucumber, beet and carrot.  Yummmmmy!  I had a glass every morning.  I also filled my travel mug with more juice so I could sip it throughout the morning.  So good I can taste it now!


Papaya juice, fresh orange juice and  the fresh pineapple juice were all very tasty and fresh too.  The two milkshakes were banana and strawberry and just banana and milk and ice.  Soooo good too.  I could drink these all day.



Talk about eating well naturally.  Nothing is better than fresh, ripe tropical fruit and their juices first thing in the morning on a beautiful sun shine filled day.

Among a few alcoholic drinks with great names like, Purple Rain, Big Bamboo and Dirty Banana, I enjoyed a few young coconuts filled with coconut water throughout the week.  Very  rejuvenating.  So hydrating too.





It's super easy to make your own banana milkshake for your own tropical paradise breakfast.  Put lots of peeled bananas, milk and ice into a blender.  Blend well.  Enjoy.
Now close your eyes and imagine the sun shining on your face and sitting at the beach or around the pool and take it all in.
Ahhhhh!

Eat Well
:)

No comments: