Monday 9 April 2012

EASY CHOCOLATE TOFU CAKE

This will be your next favourite cake.
It's super easy to make and only requires 3 ingredients.
It's become my favourite in a pinch recipe.
I made it for my nieces birthday cake.  No one in the family knew it had a "secret ingredient" in it.
It's soo good.  You'll be surprised at how not tofu-ee it really tastes.  Just regular chocolate cake. I promise!!
You will not need to add in any oil, or eggs.  The tofu covers all that. You'll be missing out on the cholesterol filled egg yolks and fattening oil. Although I haven't tried it yet, I'm sure any flavour of cake mix will work just fine. This recipe is vegan and vegetarian.

EASY CHOCOLATE TOFU CAKE


INGREDIENTS

1 box any brand chocolate cake mix (i used super moist devil's food)
1 300g pkg silken tofu
1/2 to 3/4 cup water


INSTRUCTIONS

Remember this is EASY.
Spray your desired baking pan or line cupcake pan with paper liners.


Pour contents of cake mix into food processor.
Add in tofu.

Process until combined.


Add 1/2 cup water and process again.


Continue to add a bit more water in between processes until desired consistency is achieved.
Pour into baking pans or cupcake pans.


Bake according to box directions.


This is the end result. Now take out of pans and let completely cool on a wire rack.


At this point, you can turn these cakes into a birthday or other occasion cake or if making cupcakes eat one warm to make sure they are "okay" for your family to eat.
I made an Oreo cookie cake for my nieces birthday.  I used the recipe from the Kraft Kitchens cook booklet. The filling is tasty but terrribly fattening and calorie loaded.
Next recipe I will probably look for a vegan/vegetarian filling. The chocolate glaze is just butter and chocolate melted and spread on top layer. Then put in fridge to harden.
Oreo Cookie Cake
Do you have a favourite cake/cupcake recipe you'd like to share? Leave a comment.
I'd love to hear from you.
Eat Well.


No comments: