Tuesday 20 March 2012

NATURALLY HEALTHY FROM START TO PRESENT


Welcome to my blog to EAT WELL NATURALLY


Even before my teenage years I have always focused on body image, weight loss and healthy eating.

I began my 'natural' life journey by first cutting out pop.  I only drank commercially bought fruit and vegetable beverages.  I made most lunches as healthy as possible by incorporating all four food groups according to Canada's Food Guide and on Friday's, the end of the school week, I would "treat" myself to a cafeteria lunch. If only I knew then what I was actually eating.  Yikes!

Along the way, I tried several diets, (Atkins, weight watchers) pills, (hoodia, shape)  protein shakes and meal plans.  The weight would come and go. No diet plan ever seemed to work, and stick. As time went on I ate less and less meat. Slowly but surely making my way to today. Healthy, I exercise, keep my weight under control and I've become a huge FOODIE. I am mostly vegetarian, (much to the dismay of my father) part vegan, and part raw foodist.   I have actually eaten the pepperoni on a piece of pizza when I was very hungry. And of course I have to take a bite of each of the sausage making contestants creations during our annual Figliomeni Family FIG FEST, sausage making competition.

The more I read and researched the more I became aware of what food should be.  Real, unprocessed and full of nutrients. I had taken two general interest nutrition courses and that was the last draw to eating non-organic meat.  Watching the videos of animals walking and living and eating amongst their own feces and farmers who spray poisonous chemicals on their crops did it for me.
No antibiotics, pesticides and other man made chemicals in my body.
I eat as much organic as possible, cut out white rice, flour, sugar and pasta and find healthier alternatives as much as I can.
 As  a mom (who loves to cook) to a picky eater of a teenage son and wife to a meat loving butcher,  healthy food is always on my mind, and so is my mission to be sure my family and I stay healthy and EAT WELL NATURALLY.

Thanks for visiting my Blog,
Eat Well,
DORIS:)

No comments: